“The voices of national security and law enforcement agencies will generally be close to the ear of government.
It is important that there be voices of equal strength to speak for human rights, the rule of law and protecting
the privacy of citizens from the technologically enhanced capacity of the State to monitor their communications.”
– The Hon. Justice Michael Kirby, Justice of the High Court of Australia, EPIC International Symposium on
The Public Voice and the Development of International Cryptography Policy, Paris, September 1996.
- A brief discussion to the importance of cryptography in the global information infrastructure. Why it is needed. Why the subject is controversial.
- Information on the current situation in cryptography politics. Includes export restrictions, key recovery, key escrow, national and international moves to restrict availability of cryptographic methods and algorithms.
- Frequently Asked Questions concerning Australian cryptography policy and related information.
- Resources available on cryptography theory and algorithms.
- Detailed information on installing and using PGP, the readily available strong cryptography tool for the masses. Where to get it. How to install it.
- A glossary of terms relating to cryptography.