What you can do from outside Australia for the STOP! Campaign
These are some suggestions on what you can do to support the STOP! Campaign
if you are not in Australia.
- Select any or all of the Australian State and Federal Attorneys-General
and their Shadows (contact details available on the STOP! Campaign web site)
and write, phone, fax or email them. State where you live and
what your interest is in this issue are.
- If you live in a country which has decided it won't or can
not regulate the Internet explain why this decision was taken.
If possible include quotes from politicians and/or regulators
- If you live in the US please quote from the recent CDA judgment.
Please note that Australia has no Bill of Rights so don't quote
anything which references or relies upon the 1st or 5th Amendments
or Supreme Court cases. However because of the nature of the
findings, at least half of the judgment is still relevant to any
western style democracy.
- If you live in another country please base your letter on
the sample letter available on the STOP! Campaign web site.
- If you want to do more please discuss Censorship Australian
style with family, colleagues and friends and in relevant forums
and persuade others to visit the STOP!
Campaign web site
and to support our campaign.
- Please let us know what you have done by sending email to
Please send suggestions on other things those who are not in Australia
can do, and on how this page could be improved to [email protected].
This page last updated 24 June 1996.