March Against Censorship
Please note: The march is scheduled for May 27th at 12:00 Noon
- How to contact the Attorney General for each
- Here is a list of the Attorney General from each state in Australia.
If you were not able to be in the march, send them a letter.
- Some responses to the march
- Pictures from the march
- Here are some pictures of the big event.
- 27/6/96 The big day!
- The day of the march in Hyde park. Everything went quite well with many
media representatives being at the protest. The total donations were $442.
- 24/5/96 A second press release has been issued.
- The NSW proposed legislation has been leaked to the EFA. Here is an
article about what is happening.
- 24/5/96 The Science
Technology And Research (STAR) party support the march
- The Science Technology And Research (STAR) party supports the cause, and
in particular the march. They have set up a web link to this site.
- 21/5/96 An article about the march with
comments from Danny Yee.
- This article also appeared in the 'Australian' today.
- 21/5/96 The front page article about the
march this month.
- This is the front page article by Peter Merel. It is slightly diffreent to
Peter's original article due to editing by the newspaper.
- 20/5/96 Official press release to the media
about the march.
- This is the official release to the media to let Australians know what is
happening and the march for next week. BTW, Look out for a page article in
the 'Australian' tommorrow.
- 17/5/96 Some new contacts are involved in the march.
- For local information about the march (car-pooling, banner construction, etc.)
- 16/5/96 Approval for the march is granted.
- Official approval is granted for the march to be held in Hyde Park on
Monday 27th May at 12:00 Noon.
- 14/5/96 The offical leaflet for the
march is released
- The leaflet contains information about the problems involved in trying
to introduce the new legislation and how to join the march.
- 10/5/96 The march location has been changed to Hyde Park.
- Due to football clubs using the Domain and Parliament grounds not being
available, the other location is Hyde Park.
- 30/4/96 A proposed leaflet for the march is
- A leaflet based on Internet myths is to allow people marching to hand out
information to help explain to other people what the march and EFA are about.
- 24/4/96 Mailing list for the organisation of the march is setup.
- A mailing list will be used for the organisation of the march in Sydney.
This was easier for people involved than a committee.
- 15/4/96 EFA backs the march
- Electronic Frontiers Australia releases an online media notice
giving support for the proposed march in Sydney
- Initial proposal for a march
- A march in Sydney against the proposed NSW legislation is posted to
the newsgroups. The date is set for May 27.
© Copyright 1996 Electronic Frontiers Australia Inc.
Last updated 24 May 1996 by