The EFA Policy team is looking for a comms support volunteer that can help internal and external communications hum. Firstly, we want to ensure everyone on the policy team knows what is happening and is up to date. We need someone who can:
- stay on top of our Topic Box (a cool mail manager) – we don’t want to miss stuff or people from our lists
- give the team a nudge with updates or a shout out for info or a response
- send reminders when a submission, media release, or blog post is due
- work with the Policy Chair to send reports or requests to the board or other stakeholders
If you want to learn more:
You can also take on an active role in our social media comms too – we will provide support and strategy.
This role is for you if:
- You care about digital rights
- Getting involved with EFA could help your career aspirations
- You are organised, personable, and like to get things done
- You never miss a deadline
This is a 1-2 hours per week role, more if you want to be active with social media prep. The policy team meets monthly on a Monday evening (TBC).
We want this role to be a door opener for you. As an EFA Volunteer, you’ll have the opportunity to work with people across Australia committed to digital rights. We are a network of professionals here to support you as thanks for helping us.
Has this piqued your interest? Email us at [email protected] by Sunday 14 April with your brief (up to 200 words) expression of interest covering the following areas:
- What you believe you can bring to the team
- An estimate of how much time you can commit
- What you would like to get out of being involved.
- If you have experience in the following areas, a short description or indication of months/years of that experience:
- Working with people and teams
- Being really organised and helping others be organised
- Participating in or managing online discussions
- Working autonomously and remotely
If you have questions, please email [email protected]