1. You need to tell us how we get a VPN and from whom doe get it?

Comment by Alison philippe on 13 April 2017 at 15:45
  2. Please see section 2 above.

Comment by Jon Lawrence on 13 April 2017 at 17:21
  3. Unfortunately, this (get a VPN) is all too hard, too expensive (all devices?), and too limiting (location services probably won't work properly any more) for even most technical people, let alone the average user.

Comment by Mr Robot on 14 April 2017 at 01:16
  4. The Australian government's data retention is in effect as of today. Your private internet activity is now logged by ISP's. Better stay safe with a VPN like PureVPN

Comment by Jennifer on 14 April 2017 at 02:55
  5. What guarantee is there that these sites cannot be accessed, it seems to me that nothing is safe online, as it always seems to be "found" by government folks? I am uncertain that there is such a thing as total protection is all ( I am very ignorant of all this though).

Comment by motoguzzirulz on 14 April 2017 at 10:48
  6. "See section 2 above" is not helpful.

The single most important issue in selecting a VPN provider is trust - the provider answered questions that seem to form the basis of many of the relative comparisons linked to "section 2 above" are of no use as a basis for deciding whether to trust that provider.

If you are buying a used car and you wish to allay concerns, you don't ask the salesman - you get an independent test done by a mechanic that you trust and that does not profit or lose by your purchase decision. I would look to an entity like EFA (whom I trust) to provide such expert independent advice and recommendation based on much deeper knowledge and meaningful audit - otherwise I may as well just flip a coin.

I do believe that running a VPN is highly desirable if not essential, but until someone credible can provide decent recommendations I would be foolish to do so.

Comment by Isaac on 14 April 2017 at 13:24
  7. You can't even search for bad breath, let alone shy bladder without letting everyone in the loop know about it first... so yeah, good luck trying to stay anonymous without using ivacy vpn tor or any other service that offers encryption or a layer of privacy. It's okay to trust the government on it i guess, but there's always a line that needs to be respected. If i'm respecting theirs, they should have been respecting mine.

Comment by ThatBlokeNextDoor on 25 April 2017 at 23:30